Membership Engagement Manager, Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for acquisition of new BBCC members (13 per month resulting in $4225 in new member sales monthly) which includes:
- Territory/area management
- New business contacts
- Sales presentations
- Follow-up and contact management
- Membership campaigns and special programs
- Manage timely membership communications including but not limited to: invoices, dues account receivables, past due emails and reminders via calls and email. Support provided by the Operations Manager. Secure minimum of 80 percent membership retention on annual basis.
- Input and maintain member information in chamber database
- Assist with the annual Membership Directory
- Generate monthly and annual BBCC membership sales reports
- Responsible for the procurement, presentation and delivery of all new member communication items, including plaques, new member kits, etc. with assistance from the Ambassador Committee.
- Coordinate and present all new member quarterly informational sessions (Chamber 411 program).
- Coordinate Ribbon-Cuttings with members, invite officials, promote the event, emcee the event, follow up for content for press announcement and photograph, distribute to the media and post on Chamber Web site. Support from intern when one is available.
- Attend all Chamber functions as a venue for prospecting. Attend other events and networking groups for referrals and new member opportunities.
- Identify sponsorship opportunities for Chamber events and programs and work with the Marketing and Event Manager and President.
- Communicate membership value and benefits to members, assisting them with planning and executing their membership utilizing the Membership Opportunities Survey and Action Plans as resources. Communicate Membership opportunities and value to boost retention.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by the President and not inconsistent with the previous responsibilities.
- Manage and coordinate the following committees:
- Ambassadors Committee (New Member Mentors / Event Volunteers)
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Well-organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal managers and employees, as well as interface with committees and Board of Directors.
- Ability to possess strong communication (both verbal and written) skills, and exchange information with others clearly and concisely
- Ability to effectively manage workflow
- Ability to envision/execute short- and long-term goals
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills and abilities
- Ability to develop ideas and strategies that affect revenue
- Ability to respond to the frequent pressures of meeting deadlines
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively as part of a team
- Database management experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years sales/marketing experience
Please send salary requirements and resume to:
Joe Bauman, President
Birmingham Bloomfield Chamber
725 S. Adams, suite 130 Birmingham MI 48009
NO CALLS PLEASE