Apply for Outstanding Chamber of the Year!
About the Award
The Outstanding Chamber of the Year Award recognizes organization excellence in chambers of commerce and provides a unique benchmarking opportunity to assess a chamber’s strengths. The award is based on the US Chamber of Commerce accreditation process for local chambers and highlights accomplishments in the areas of leadership/governance, finance, advocacy and membership development.
Members of MACP in good standing during the year the award is presented are eligible to apply. Non-MACP chambers are not eligible but may submit exhibition entries.
Benefits to Applicants
All eligible applicants receive:
• Letter to their Board of Directors recognizing their application
• Listing on the MACP website and announcement to MACP members
• Recognition in a press release listing all applicants
• A copy of adjudication remarks, if available
• Assistance with expanding their application for accreditation
Applications and Deadlines
The Outstanding Chamber of the Year Award applications are due annually by July 31. Complete the application and mail a $75 application fee to: MACP Outstanding Chamber of the Year Award, 600 S. Walnut St., Lansing, MI 48933.
If you have questions while filling out the application form or attaching documents to the PDF, please call Anita Lindsay at 517-371-7671.
• One award will be presented to the highest scoring chamber in each size category. If no entries are received in a membership category or no entries within a category achieve a minimum of 80 points, then no award will be presented in that category
• Entries are judged on innovation, effectiveness and quality of results.
• Finalists will be notified by September 15 and winners will be announced at the Annual Chamber Convention on October 2.
• MACP does not comment on applications; members of other Midwest/Great Lakes CCE organizations will judge entries. Comments are the opinions and suggestions of the judges.
• All awards are final.
Benefits to Award Recipients
Award winners receive a plaque, a publicity pack including an official seal for promotional use and recognition at the annual awards dinner. Finalists receive a certificate and a promotional seal.